Today it was a tough job. I came across boxes of photos taken during my first marriage; wedding, honeymoon, holidays... despite that its been ten years or so it was surprisingly painful to go through them. I think what made me saddest was to see us at the start of our marriage; grinning and happy, and then as it went along more photos of views, than of each other. Maybe I saw more than was actually there, but it brought back a lot of sadness. Maybe because I'd forgotten about that time, and now I remember it quite vividly.
I also found a notebook with notes in it we'd left each other when we were separating:
Me to him: "There's more of your bike stuff in the cupboard, please clear it."
Him to me: "I've rented a flat in Hornsby, here is the address."
I binned most of the stuff. Kept a few pictures of myself to show the kids - one day they're going to laugh a lot at the whole paisley phase. I still have my wedding dress and wedding photo album from then - as that was, and always will be, one of the happiest days of my life. Plus my first marriage was part of my history and I don't want to just erase it.
Speaking of uses for wedding dresses from defunct marriages, hubs put me onto this website recently http://myexwifesweddingdress.com/ . Uses for an ex-wifes wedding dress. Very inventive.
Aside from all this highly emotional shed clearing I
- sawed up bits of old cot into a chook ladder
- tried to talk chooks into going outside - got ignored
- persuaded hubby to DO something about dark green seething pool (it is now almost clear, yay)
- washed 45 tonnes of washing
- tomato soup
- bread x 2
- home made pizzas x 9
- eggs on toast + bacon + baked beans
- cheese on toast
- bread x 2 (again)
- chicken stir fry
- rhubarb crumble
- interacted loudly with my children (ahem)
- interacted loudly with the dog
- pulled something dancing on the WiiFit
- Ran the dishwasher six times
- fell over the dog six times (at least)
- walked to the shops and bought cheese (in the rain, with the kids, and the dog, and hubs)
- talked at length to my mother on the phone
- sent emails
- AND edited The Bunker AND added words to Boys of Summer
Eurovision Song Contest. Here. I. Come. Let the chortling begin.