Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Christmas? Again? Didn't We Do That Last Year?

Carols blasting in shopping centres, daily agonising on facebook... "there's only XX days to go..."  Mother daughter craft afternoon at school. Yes it seems that Christmas is creeping up on us again.
Miss 8 made all this
I sat and watched, sipping tea
Not once did I interfere - except the few times when asked for help, of course
IT NEARLY KILLED ME
I have, once again, found refuge and sanity with The Organised Housewife.  Check out her Organise Yourself A Merry Little Christmas series.  After you fall to the floor weeping at actually seeing all the things you've got to organise in the next few weeks, then crawl into a corner and stay there for a few hours, rocking slightly and sipping wine... after you've done that, you can start making lists, thinking stuff through, organising budgets and gift ideas, it brings a sense of calm and control.

Or maybe that's just me.

I've got lists, I've got excel spreadsheets, I've even got a folder. Yesterday (a day of pure insanity which involved Miss 6 being sent home from school with a sandfly bite on her eyebrow, and culminated in me being abroad a horse for the first time in seven years) er, I digress... Yesterday I spent three hours in Westfield, buying mini candy canes, sorting out gifts for more distant family, teachers and so on, organising advent calendars and activities, and took care of many of those little jobs that snowball into a massive workload if you let them.

Today I'm off to Bunnings and to pick up the girl's pressies, which I got for a steal on ebay.  School holidays commence in two and a half weeks, and hopefully, by then, the worst of the planning and shopping will be over.

How about you? How are you doing?

6 people love me:

farmer_liz said...

not having kids allows us to practically ignore xmas entirely, as long as I can remember to avoid the shopping mall, and don't got to the supermarket on xmas eve, everything will be ok.

Georgie Tyler said...

Not as good as you. Maybe I should take a look at The organised housewife too.

The organised housewife said...

Awe thank you, Christmas does creep up quickly, I'm determined to get my cards out on time this year :)

Caitlyn Nicholas said...

No thank you for such a great website and so much good advice :)

Caitlyn Nicholas said...

Wait... you don't like Xmas eve panic shopping?? But you get to ram people with your trolley as you fight it out for that last packet of santa shaped biscuits that you don't actually need... What's not to love?? ;)

Rebecca Thompson said...

I just love this headline! Xmas in my house never creeps up, it is always on the menu :) I love it, love it, love it.
Sounds like you have it pretty sorted though :)
Found you via the digital parents lunch list - see you on Sunday!