Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Day I Met Him

Things have been on the busy side here at Chez Nicholas.  The last few weeks of the summer holidays morphed into the insanely busy first few weeks of term.  I took to what I thought was a finished book with a red pen (metaphorically, I use scrivner for editing!) and the book split itself into two books then turned into trilogy, which caused me to need to lie down for a few days.  And I have taken up exercise.

It also seems to have turned into February when I wasn't looking, and of course we all know what happens in February.

Oh yes.

Pancake day.

Pancake Day: Clearly doing it wrong
There is another type of celebration in February, the one where I spend a lot of time saying 'no, no don't get me anything' to hubs and then being pissed off on The Day when I don't get anything.  Ah yes. Valentine's Day. That relationship minefield.

In a striking example of irony hubs and I met on 13th February 2003 at a We Eschew Valentine's Day party at a mutual friends house.  I drank a lot of tequila and apparently impressed the poor man by crapping on about my first husband.  To celebrate this fact we went and had a coffee this morning and discussed our children. Okay. We totally forgot, but we did go and have a coffee.

Its been a busy ten years!

Coming Up:
Tomorrow (because blog posts are like buses around here) I'll be talking about my part in a very exciting Valentine's Day story over on the Escape Publishing blog...

AND
Even more exciting news about The Bunker in the next week (hopefully!)

3 people love me:

Rachael Johns said...

Happy Valentine's Day and ''anniversary'' to the both of you. Can't wait to read your Escapade contribution :)

Georgie Tyler said...

Happy 'first meeting' anniversary and Valentines Day! It has been a busy ten years and by the looks of things to come it's going to get a whole lot busier my dear!

Caitlyn Nicholas said...

Thanks Rach! It was rather an inauspicious start, but it turned out pretty well I reckon ;)