Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Something New

The ladies, my chooks, are in fine fettle these days.  Well except for the poor broody one who is sulking in the hen house, refusing to leave and pecking anyone who gets close enough.

We're getting three eggs a day at the moment.  Which is plenty for us.  Made mostly from leftovers (and a little commercial feed) they're organic and have zero food miles.


view full image
"Something new. Eggs from the Ladies. #fmsphotoaday "

2 people love me:

farmer_liz said...

nice :) but not organic unless you buy organic feed unfortunately (we don't bother either). Certainly better than anything you can buy in the supermarket though!

Georgie Tyler said...

They look good to me. I like the idea of growing stuff and having hens but I'm afraid I'd be hopeless. Like the sharpener too!