Monday, December 03, 2007

BHG is driving me nuts again...

Better Homes and Gardens is scaring me again. We get a subscription - from the electricity company we're with, and hubby chose the mag, need I say more...

So it turns up here, once a month, filled with delicious recipes that will make me fat, photographs of immaculate homes that make me feel inadequate, and advice on children that makes me laugh and laugh. Its an evil magazine and the Christmas issue is the worst of the lot. All those nifty craft projects that look easy, take hours and come out crap, all those immaculately wrapped presents, themed Christmas table decorations, and colour coordinated Christmas trees. Groan.

I still read it from cover to cover though, and the following tid-bit on wrapping amused me...
Disguise a bottle of wine as a large cracker, or a gift of a guitar or ukulele as an unrecognisable package. Bubble wrap and corrugated card will to the trick...
Ukeuleles? Okaaaay...

Then there was this pearl of wisdom about growing veges...
Growing your own produce is more popular than ever...
So, more popular than say one hundred years ago when you grew your own or starved?

Aaaagh.

0 people love me: