Saturday, March 05, 2011

Cake Friday

I try to bake a cake each Friday, to treat the kids when they get home after chess club and because I get to lick the bowl with no interruptions.

This Friday I had a surplus of local plums after a foraging mission by Hubs and I to Galston.  They are pretty sour so I made Stephanie Alexander's Easy (HA - clearly she and I have different definitions of easy. I see easy as chuck four ingredients in the mixer then whack it in the oven, not as fourteen million different steps and the same number of bowl and ingredients) Plum Cake from her Kitchen Garden Companion, because its got a sugary crumble-like topping.
Yums :)

3 people love me:

Rachael Johns said...

Looks delish!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!

Unknown said...

Tasted as good as it looks - well I thought so - kids were loudly averse to the plums on the top - you know cos they were FRUIT. sigh.