- The bank account - how can it empty itself so fast?? HOW?? I boggle.
- Easter holidays - well that was a three week screamathon I never want to repeat. I mean seriously. By the end of the Christmas
nightmareholidays. It thought I had this whole parenting business down pat. Then along comes Easter which I stupidly looked forward to, and it all went tits up and turned into a shitfight. Now we're back at school and we're all good (well today anyway). My confidence in my parenting abilities is now at an all time high (NOT).
- Best blogs 2011 - in the people's choice award it is Bloggers v Megan Gale. Oh how I admire the few brave souls who have continued to press their cause. Never give up hope guys. Well, unless you are me, who went meh and ate some more chocolate. Vote for meeeee.
- Space - no, not the final frontier - as long time readers will know, I am an introvert, an introvert who requires several hours alone every day to remain sane. I have not had ANY alone time since the end of January, not one single minute, in recent days this has caused me to squirt as much dairy whip as physically possible onto mini meringues and then eat them
- Weighed in at weightwatchers - have gained 2kgs in three weeks. Impressive.
- Writing: Reduced 75,000 word nearly-there manuscript down to a 44,000 word long-way-to-go manuscript - yes, yes, it will be better for it, but it made me want to stab myself in the eye with a compass at the time
- My marriage - apparently I've been somewhat grumpy of late. Its a good thing love conquers all, and as Marylin Munroe once said... "But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." For some reason that quote makes my husband howl with laughter, in a slightly creepy way.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Life not going to plan (as usual)
Things that have not exactly gone to plan of late...