Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PS I Love You

We spent the long Easter Weekend in Port Stephens, whose tagline is PS I Love You, and it is well earned indeed.

Caitlyn Nicholas and offspring on holiday...
Yes, my 6 and 7 year old are both that tall
No I am not short - AVERAGE HEIGHT PEOPLE, average
So many awesome things to explore...

We walked on the huge sand dunes at Stockton Beach
Went Rockpool-ing at Anna Bay - saw blue starfish, octopus, squid, sea anemones, sea squirts, fish, crabs, and sea jellies.
Ate the best fishnchips in NSW at Bubs Fish and Chips in Nelson Bay (omg, it was so good)
Explored Fingal Bay - amazing new park for kids there
Wandered around Lemon Tree Passage and saw dolphins just outside the marina, and ate the best garlic prawn pizza ever, made by possibly the most hung-over individual I have ever seen who was still remaining upright :)

Sunset on our last day - we'd just been on a walk and spotted two Koalas (wild ones)

And the best part of it was that we didn't pay for anything.
Well apart from the food and our cabin, obviously (and don't even mention petrol!).
But activity-wise we didn't spend anything.
We didn't need to hire jet skis, or go on 4WD trips, or take helicopter rides, or go to fun parks, or have boat trips.
There was so much to see and do just there, with the beaches and the estuaries, and we could have easily been entertained for another week.  We didn't take full advantage of the walks and beaches, because we didn't have time.

I'm a convert. I'm in love. Yes ideed. PS I love you :)

0 people love me: