Tuesday, May 04, 2010

War on Clutter - Day Two

Today I had an assistant with War On Clutter and thus a half hour job took two, and at some points I honestly thought I was going to have a stroke - like when she unpacked the fabric box I'd just spent ten minutes sneezing-over and folding neatly.  And then there was the moment when she popped a balloon right behind me (I have a balloon phobia at the best of times) - yes, nothing to do with tidying, but I Have Suffered. 
We got stuck into Miss 4's bedroom where I also happen to keep my sewing bits in the top of her built in. I had a massive sewing collection tidy up about a year ago, reducing it to a few boxes worth.  So today's job wasn't too appalling.
I also went through Miss 4s clothes and culled a lot of grown-out-of things and ones that were tatty or paint-stained. Of course she took exception to every single one of my decisions and negotiated like a Lawyer to get them back - so they've been put carefully in an empty drawer, for now - I still have a  headache from the whole encounter and feel a lot like my will to live has been sucked dry. Yes. Suddenly I remember why I have her in school five days a week, they're the only ones with the training and experience to out-argue her.

The basket that used to be the dumping ground for fallen-by-the-wayside sewing projects (including a quilt I started when pregnant with Miss 5 in 2004 - ahem) has been recycled as a shoe bucket. I'm hoping this may help with the daily morning shoe scrabble. When I see a shoe, into the basket it goes and in theory, it'll be easy to find them when I need them.
What?

I SAID In Theory.

3 people love me:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

You're on a roll! :D

Quixotic said...

Ah ha! You just gave me an idea for the stupid big wicker basket I can't bring myself to get rid of but can't think of a use for. Awesome! And after I tried to cull GG's clothes and at AGE TWO she whined, screamed, out-manouvered, screamed and plain old-fashioned stole and squirreled away clothes, I have learned to do it when she's not home. I'm a quick learner me. :o)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful when you have help? I have learned to clean my kids' rooms when they are at school. So much easier.