Monday, August 23, 2010

Because yes, actually, this really IS how my life unfolds.

People sometimes ask me if everything I write on this blog is true.

Sadly. Yes.

A fiction writer I may be, but I just don't have the capacity to make this crap up.

Take today for example.  Its been an extremely pleasant day. I spent a lot of it having coffee with friends and ambling around Chatswood Chase.  Most days I'm at home doing the housework (do you hear that hysterical laughing, yes? that's my husband), writing and discussing life with the chooks.  But today I had a day-off, and got out amongst it.

Blogging wise there wasn't much to report; no dramas, no loss of dignity (yes, actually, I do have some left), no cause for Capital Letters.

Until (and OH, you knew that was coming) it was time to pick up the kids.

You see, I'd just parked in a quiet cul-de-sac deep in the heart of North Shore suburbia, and ALL OF A SUDDEN I nearly ran over a goat.
Well okay, maybe 'running over' is a mild exaggeration.

But there I was, sitting in the car and a man wanders past with the biggest, most snowy white goat I've ever seen.   He didn't have it on a lead or anything, and if it decided to dawdle or wander off in the wrong direction, he'd grab one of its horns and gently urge it along.

WTF??

Goats.  I ask you.

In other exciting news, check out the salad we had for dinner.
Grew it all myself.

Just had to have a boast.

:)

6 people love me:

Veronica Foale said...

What the fuck is a GOAT doing in the middle of a cul de sac? Now if a goat walked past where I live, okay, strange, but plausible. But you were in a cul de sac!

Well done on the salad.

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Nice salad. Would have been even better with a side of goat curry. Yum.

PS. That is a really BIG goat, it's almost up to that guy's chest! I would have stayed in the car!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

lol Well we take all sorts of things with us when we go walking these days. lol lol..

Love zee salad. :)

Anonymous said...

The salad looks delish. A goat in a cul de sac. Definitely not something you see every day.

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Was he a lonely goatherd high on hill in quiet cul-de-sac, lay de odle lay dee olde lay hee ho!

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ the Webber Family! This stuff could only happen to you Caitlyn...seriously a goat?