We are still in the 48% of marriages that don't fail. Neither of us have any idea how. Our main theories of a long and happy marriage are as follows..
- If you are angry, yell at each other and slam doors a lot
- If you are going to get fat, do it together (preferable whilst watching the biggest loser)
- Blame each other's parents for any problems the children may have
- Have one set of rules for yourself, another set for everyone else in the house, be vigilant about enforcing these rules
- Let resentment fester, and always go to sleep on an argument, preferable in separate rooms
- Make sure one person is a tea person, the other is a coffee person
- Make sure one person is a dog person and the other a cat person
- Make sure neither of you are children people
- Argue about small and pointless things, eg, which parking space to park in.
- Never, ever, not ever under any circumstances admit you may be even a teeny weeny slightly bit WRONG.