Sunday, September 05, 2010

Dad's Day in PJs

It's been a going-to-the-supermarket-without-a-bra-on kind of day at our house.  Now there is an image that's going to haunt the few family and friends who still read this blog.


It began early, with a world famous Caitlyn Nicholas Father's Day Chocolate Breakfast.


Which would not be complete without a photograph of the World Famous Caitlyn Nicholas in her dressing gown.
I had to make that hot chocolate and heat up those croissants on the BBQ - as, living in a 3rd world suburb, we had no power due to a tree falling over.  Felt all Survival Mom actually, I mean, its the middle of a 3hr blackout, but HELL, I still had warm mini croissants.


Day continued in much the same way, only with electricity. 


Father's Day, at our house, is about great food and making sure that hubs knows we all appreciate him and how hard he works.  I showed my endless gratitude by napping for two hours (what? there was a sunbeam across the bed...) so that he could spend the afternoon pushing his stir-crazy wind-maddened children on the swings in a Force 6 gale.  Bonding is a beautiful thing to see, is it not?


Its been a good day :)

5 people love me:

Rachael Johns said...

Sounds like Father's Day in your house is similar to ours. I showed my appreciation by making hubby de-clutter the house all day and take two huge loads of rubbish to the tip. But I did give him chocolates and a Top Gear money box!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day!!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

We watched movies all day and scoffed food and I felt thoroughly sick by the time I went to bed! A lovely relaxing day though

Tenille said...

You're very enterprising, heating things up on the BBQ. If that was me, I would have just driven to the nearest (powered) Maccas :-)

Mel said...

Sounds like a great day!!