Sunday, November 08, 2009

Perfect Sunday

This morning we went to check out the new RFS fire control centre at Cowan. Spent a happy half hour playing in fire trucks and chatting to firefighters.

Its another of those things they don't tell you about parenthood.  Yes. One of the perks if you ask me.  You spend a lot more time around people like fire fighters - going to open days and excursions.  In fact a certain Mother's Group, who shall remain nameless, organised a trip for their children around the local fire station simply because rumor had it there was a hot new fireman.  Ahem.

Then we took the kids around a local Open Garden. It was a magical fairy garden, made even better because it was drizzling rain and there was noone there except for us.  Hubby got in terrible trouble because he is so noisy and scared away the fairies - frankly I don't think fairies come out on rainy days and it was lucky for them, because if they had he'd have accidentally squashed them with his gigantic feet. I know, I finally admitted it, I'm married to a potential FAIRY SQUASHER.  I feel so much better now.

Spent the afternoon in the vege garden.

Beans and calendula...


Heartsease, in the potato patch. I love heartsease, it always makes me smile. :)

And more calendula in the spud patch.  Both are edible flowers.

:)

4 people love me:

Tez Miller said...

In fact a certain Mother's Group, who shall remain nameless, organised a trip for their children around the local fire station simply because rumour had it there was a hot new fireman. Ahem.

Not naming names, CAITLYN! ;-)

Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

I love heartsease as well. Now I am a tad hmphhy that our Mothers group didn't have the same level of organizational skills that yours seems to.

Unknown said...

LOL Kim. My Mother's Group just has its priorities right!! :)

Cait

Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

I love heartsease as well. Now I am a tad hmphhy that our Mothers group didn't have the same level of organizational skills that yours seems to.