Saturday, December 11, 2010

Check out these beauties

Quick brother-in-law update:  The surgery went really well, though took a lot longer than expected, apparently his back was a mess of scar tissue from the earlier accident.  He was kind-of with-it by yesterday night and all is looking good. Phew.

Summer has arrived here on the Upper Upper Upper North Shore (locals will know that this is a humorous reference to the fact that real estate agents like to extend the poshness of the North Shore to suburbs that are blatantly not even remotely near the North Shore, in an effort to increase house prices - thus far this strategy has not appeared to work).  Temps are hitting 30+ every day and the humidity is hovering at around 50 - 60%, making the mould in the bathroom grow as you watch it.  Its also making the vegies grow as you watch them.

Amish Paste tomatoes.  This one is about the size of my fist.  Have a dilemma though, do I pick now and ripen inside, or leave to ripen on the vine and risk birds, chooks, caterpillers, snails, slugs etc etc...

Pumpkin - Queensland Blue I think - I dunno, this was a self-seeder so it could be anything.

And those there are my cucumbers growing everywhere apart from up the trellis I carefully set up.  Am a bit chuffed about these ones as they are grown from seed I saved last year.

Have a good weekend everyone :)

7 people love me:

greenfumb said...

Your veges look exactly like mine, my cucumbers are resolutely resisting attempts to attach them to supports, I have mystery pumpkins everywhere and my tomatoes are ripening on the windowsill as I do not trust the possums, birds, snails, chooks, rabbits.........

Unknown said...

LOL, not just me then :) Think I will pick the tomatoes, is better to ripen inside than have none at all I reckon.

Anonymous said...

So Jealous! Didn't get any veggies in this year - to much working and renovating - now I just have couple of tomatos in pots. The humidity is not treating them well thou.

Unknown said...

Yeah Caz, my tomatoes are starting to look really wilty down the bottom, am pretending not to notice it at this stage! I could never have had a vege patch like I do if I was working, would've been far too much. Even now it gets sorely neglected when life gets crazy.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well.

The Duck Herder said...

wow! those are some awesome tomatoes.....! And the pumpkins.......amazing.

best of luck to your BIL.

duckiexxxx

Mel said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well.