Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Crimbo

Was I a bit bah humbug the other day?  My apologies. Its been a christmas lead up like no other.

But things, as of this afternoon, have found their equilibrium and christmas cheer has burst forth in the Nicholas household - we even put on carols at St Mary's for an entire five minutes - then we were made to switch to Wallace and Grommit.

We've spent the evening making icecream (had slight measuring brain-fail and managed to squeeze out a gigantic 2 cups worth for  7 people, sigh) and visiting neighbours and admiring christmas lights and eating mince pies (yes, I can eat again, not complaining about the 2kgs in 4 day weight loss, but would prefer in future to do it with slightly more dignity).  The kids were so excited that (in our own Christmas miracle) they both passed out the minute we put them in bed - yes, yes, we'll be up at dawn (5.14 if you were wondering).

Well, its 55mins to Christmas, and I must away to bed.  Season's cheer to everyone who reads here.  Take care, be safe and have an awesome day.

3 people love me:

Rachael Johns said...

Have a very Merry Christmas Nicholas family! Can't wait to see what you get up to in 2011!!
x
Rach!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!

Being Me said...

Hi Caitlyn, sorry to hear you were so wretchedly sick. Hope the sister arrived safely! Happy new year. I finally got around to following you on Twitter (this new social networking bizzo is doing my head in and moves light years faster than I can keep up with)