Strawberry jam - made by me a few weeks ago
English muffins - made by me and the bread maker
The recipe for the muffins is...
• 1 cup milk
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 egg
• 0.5 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 3 cups plain flour
• 1.5 teaspoons dry yeast (or one 7g sachet)
- Put ingredients in your bread machine in the order listed.
- Run the dough cycle.
- Sprinkle polenta over your work area.
- Use your hands to pat the dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
- Turn the dough so that each side gets lightly coated with polenta.
- Cut into rounds with a cookie cutter
- Let rise for 20 - 30 minutes--until not quite double.
- Heat a big frying pan - I give it a little squirt with canola oil.
- Cook the muffins about 5 to 7 minutes on each side - they should be golden brown when you turn them.
- These freeze well and can be reheated in the microwave or toasted if you manage not to eat them right away