I called these Challenges "unattainable" mostly because I am vastly hilarious, though I do have a life-long habit of setting myself goals I cannot reach - yes, I suffer badly from the whole setting myself up for failure mindset.
If, on the off chance I do actually achieve a goal, I immediately move the bar further away. For example, goal was to clean the bedroom, half killed self cleaning bedroom, goal reached, so adds bathroom onto the list.
I know I do this, and these days, though I make my long lists, I do not give myself such a hard time if I don't achieve All The Things. I do expect a lot from myself, but I'm getting reasonable about being unreasonable in my old age!
So, calling my June goals Unattainable is just a little reminder to myself that sometimes I expect too much.
In this context let us examine my goals...
- Writing... LOL. sigh. Have been stuck at thinking up a title and which story plot I will use for the novella. Do have a file in scrivner called JuneShortStory which is shaping up to be the novella at this point.
- Clearing up house... house overrun by children, have given up until Monday
- Mindful of Spending... HA! Also four new car tyres hasn't helped (*weeps*)
- Miss Nearly 8s birthday party... sunk into denial
- Mid-Life crisis... proceeding nicely thank you
Well, there we have it. I think we can all agree that from this point the only way is up.
Also hubs says I need to put more photos in my posts... Here is one of my pet Unicorn
|And I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine...|
~ Dory - Finding Nemo ~