Friday, December 18, 2009

De-crappifying the House

Been de-crappifying the house this week.  Just down to this one basket of clutter now...


Well, if you don't count what's actually in the cupboards. Now that is totally another matter. But HELL, if I can't see it then it can't really be that bad - just pass me another hair-elastic to tie the door shut please.

Had a BHG moment Christmas shopping the other day and bought some decorations for the bathroom window-sill.

Neat huh?

Oh okay, the kids are going to snap their little legs off and flush them down the loo the moment they spot them. But it looks almost civilised in there right now (barring the large stack of PC World and Top Gear magazines anyway).




Had a long conversation about Pinky-pie and her two missing shoes with Miss Nearly Four this afternoon. That's Pinky-pie below. Believe it or not, but we have a total of seven pink horses in this house - about about fifteen non-pink ones.   Of all the creepy weird toys my children gather (mostly from McDonalds - not that we ever go there - ahem) this is the one that creeps me out the most. A pink plastic horse with a dress on and even SHOES. I mean WTF. Srsly.

:)

5 people love me:

Quixotic said...

lol - we have at least one of every Little Pony - but I toss all the crap they come with first chance I get. At first it was a safety thing, as GG was still putting everything in her mouth, now I just don't have the tolerance for the tiny little flotsam and jetsam.

alliecat said...

Yes, why oh why do girls toys have to come with so much extra crap? Polly Pocket is a serious offender here. Pinkie-pie resides at our house too, and God, even the name is sickly!

carly said...

my house always looks a mess. and im with you on the cupboards too. i attempted one shelf yesterday and ended up just piling everything back in. sigh.

i love my little pony when i was young. i had thirty odd horses. all gone now :( i miss them lol.

Sandie Hudson said...

Snort, I just bought my girls 'My Little Ponies' for Christmas. I should mention, my girls are 31 and 24, hehehe. Yep I'm crazy, at least I won't have them in MY home. As for de-crappifying, well I seem to just move it all from one room to another. Never know when I my need that stuff.

miss carly said...

my house always looks a mess. and im with you on the cupboards too. i attempted one shelf yesterday and ended up just piling everything back in. sigh.

i love my little pony when i was young. i had thirty odd horses. all gone now :( i miss them lol.