I would like to apologise to things that come in small packages that are crap. This post is not about you. Nope. It’s not about…
- Insects (of any kind; with a special shout-out to ticks, fleas and the mutant ant flying things that are podding under the washing line).
- Spiders (which are arachnids and not insects and thus require a separate dot point)
- Eyeballs (have you cut one open? I have, it was ewww. I’ve also dissected half a sheep with a hangover (me not the sheep) but that’s another blog post)
- Cooties (highly contagious, especially from girls to boys, maybe fatal, nobody knows)
- Sand (in your shoes; in the car; in your bathers, causing chafing)
- Babies (extra specially awesome when asleep)
- Jewelry (of any kind, am not fussy)
- Chocolate cream eggs (best by the dozen)
- $1 coins (I wish I had a million of them)
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (though one of them is quite enough for me)
- Peas (what? I love peas… oh go on, give peas a chance…)
Well, Cottee’s have double concentrated their cordial and downsized the packaging. They’ve done it to reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in landfill, and want everyone to know that though the bottles are a 1 litre size they still make the same 10 litres of drink as the old 2 litre bottle, and at the same price.
So take, for example, an orange-mango spider – no not the crawly kind – the old fashioned, fizzy, ice-creamy milk bar kind.
1 litre cold lemonade
Vanilla ice cream
Proceed as follows…
1. Measure your cordial.
|Even Miss 4 finds the new sized bottle easy to handle|
|You only need half a much|
3. Insert ice-cream
|Identical drinks, the one on the left was made using half the amount of cordial from the new 1 litre bottle|
Did someone say $1000 up for grabs?
Yup. Hell yes.
All you need to do is leave a comment about something awesome that’s come into your life in a small package. I’ll send off the top 3 responses to Cottees and they’ll pick the winner from all the participating blogs.
The competition will be open until 22nd October 2010 - I will then send the top three responses off.