Saturday, October 11, 2008

Borders Binge

Yes. Have been bingeing AGAIN. But this time, surprisingly not on chocolate or cheese or wine. No. This time its books.

You see I didn't have a TBR pile and felt that, as an author I really should have a TBR pile. Also I am sick to death of re-reading all my Diana Gabaldons whenever I run out of things to read in the evening.

SO. Being in the midst of a plot melt-down with the Bunker, I decided to skew towards Romantic Suspense, but with a few others just cos.
  • Overkill - Linda Castillo

  • Tag, You're it - Penny McCall

  • The Darkest Evening of the Year - Dean Koontz

  • A Soldiers Homecoming - Rachel Lee

  • Duty to Protect - Beth Cornelison

  • Fearless Fourteen - Janet Evanovich

  • Pregnant by the Playboy Tycoon - Anne Oliver

  • The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

  • A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
Yes. That should keep me out of mischief for a while. In other reading news I've just been through a Pakistan/Afganistan phase. In the last couple of weeks I've read
  • Three Cups of Tea - Greg Mortensen and David Oliver Relin

  • A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
Words cannot describe how good these two books are. Life and perspective changing good. And as books tackling some of the issues women face in those parts of the world, not too full on either. They look at the humanity rather than the subjugation and deprivation that these women can face. They're books of hope that only reinforce my own personal ethos that under the skin we are all just the same. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Oh and I'm also having a bit of a Donald Maass swat up in the reading about writing department.
  • Writing the Breakout Novel - my favourite book about writing

  • The Career Novelist - which can be downloaded in pdf form from his website

1 people love me:

Jess Dee said...

I think my eyes just popped out of my head. That is a lot of books.
Wish I had the time for all of those.
Happy reading.
Jess