Saturday, August 27, 2011

Award Winning Australian Writers Anthology 2011

Local writer David Blisset, who won the 2010 Hawkesbury River Writers Prose Fiction
Competition with his short story; "Angel Burnt Orange" has had some more good news...
I've just received confirmation from Melbourne Books that one of my short stories is being published (and launched on October 18th) as part of the anthology Award Winning Australian Writers 2011. For those of you who know about the literary world and how tough it can be to find yourself printed and bound, you might understand a little of why this is really exciting news for a middle-aged scribbler.  
I'd  like to say thanks to Denise Young for helping to light the writer's flame; to Mark Tredinnick for really pouring on the fuel and setting my passion ablaze; and to Alan Michie and Rogi and the gang at Hawkesbury River Writers for selecting my story in the first place, thus making it eligible for the anthology. If you want to know more about the book, click the link here. http://www.melbournebooks.com.au/awaw2011.html  
AND.. if you want to read some good - and diverse - Aussie writing, maybe you might buy a copy? I can't speak for the quality of any other entry, but they are all award winners! Now I know Dymocks stocked the 2010 edition, so they may do so again this year. In any case, you can buy it online through melbournebooks.com.au and I'm sure it will be on other web sites. 

Congrats David

:)

0 people love me: